Monday, March 5, 2007

i wish i were Homeward bound..?

F5..
no new scrap.
F5..
no new scrap.
so,visit my own profile. scroll down. double-take at "hometown".
Hometown : Trivandrum.
Yeah right. Born in Udhampur,Jammu and Kashmir,India (or was it Pakistan..? leave it to Mushmohan and Manarraf, sorry did i mix up their names..?)

that Hometown remark set the erstwhile cogs in my head a turnin..
Trivandrum..i never belonged there.. yeah i am a native of Kerala (and i Adore that place),i can speak Malayalam (my own version please..) but i cant call the capital city Trivandrum my home. Yeah lived there for 4 years and did my kindergarten there,so? Go on vacation every semester break,so?
Trivandrum was never my hometown, just an obligation. The beaches are beautiful,my strongest memories of family reunions have a touch of Trivandrum-every single train i boarded due South,made me long for the Enchantment called Kerala. But Home- naah..
So- Hometown : __________ .

Hyderabad? 5 years -5 Blaze of Glory years.. Onslaught of Teenage. Mr.Academics at High School.. Introduction to Rock,Pop,so on.. so forth. Riding the Kinetic Honda up that hill to watch the blazing sun set by Golconda Fort. Every evening. Every single train i boarded for Hyd n Sec,pushed me down the memory stairs to the days of Glory.. Not home.. not yet.

Pune? 4 years - that single most memorable event in life called College. The Pits in Acads. Saying goodbye to the Maestro within. Standing in front of the mirror,trying to look at failure,but not being able to find it. Stood watching as Life became a cold,Cold milkshake- Flavour~ Gaming and Movies and Music. Then found friends who actually lived. And made me live~ 3rd Year and 4th year running.. finding Everlasting Hope, Enduring Love.. Un-Crunchable Faith. Wont want to leave Pune,nope.. every single train i boarded for Pune made my heart sink and soar.. like a ship with a cargo of yo-yos on high sea.. Home- maybe, just maybe.

Every single time i board a train now.. all those years of relentless Nation-trotting rush into my headspace like floodwaters.. papa bustling around trying to make sure we got our berths,our food..that sense of security with him around.. me and my sister going for Rail Aahar instead of mummy's yummy homemade food (man,Mummy Must have felt bad,u know..) Never being able to stand at the gateway.. always longing to do just that.. Me and my dear sister fighting over Who would get to sit by the window,me winning most of the times and- Now am feeling bad for her..How papa and me almost didnt notice the train beginning to move out of Balasore station in Orissa,while we were having a stroll there..how he shoved me into the compartment while running at full speed..
All those years bygone,now i walk alone (yup, just like that Green Day song goes)..
Now,its just Me standing at the door,wind rushing in and out of my mouth (you know,dogs have a gala time poking their heads outta the windows of cars,its Fun- i speak out of experience now..)
whizzing past shades of coastal Green that God created.. Letting the morning Goan mist smother my face at 80kmph.. He must have said- have Fun kiddo !

Hometown :
Every time i get into a Train, i feel am at Home..

No comments: